Terms & Conditions of Hire (SUP):
Hiring paddles boards will require a form of photo ID. We accept either a Uk driving licence or passport (International visitors), this will be held by us during the hire period.
Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
“Customer” means the customer who is hiring the Equipment subject to these Terms and Conditions;
“Hire” means the hire of the Equipment by the Customer subject to these Terms and Conditions;
“Hire Agreement” means the agreement entered into by the Customer and GoSUP incorporating these Terms and Conditions which shall govern the Hire of the Equipment;
“Hire Period” means the start and end date (or time) of the Hire.
When booking, the customer is accepting full responsibility for all persons who form part of that booking party. The booking forms a contract between the customer (booking party) with us for the duration of the hire/rental. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure all participants have read and understood these terms and conditions.
Rescheduling a booking
If at least 24hrs notice is given, every effort will be made to change your date or time but this is subject to availability. No refunds are given to a booking change if made with less than 24hrs notice, a credit voucher will be offered. It is the customers responsibility to check that weather and sea conditions are safe and acceptable for the duration of the hire period.
Cancelling a booking
It is the customers responsibility to check that weather and sea conditions are safe and acceptable for the duration of the hire period.
Cancelations up to 24hrs prior to the start of the hire period will be given a full refund.
Cancelations less than 24 hours prior to the start of the hire period will be given a credit voucher.
Please paddle within your capabilities.
Board Hire is for competent paddlers only with previous SUP experience, when hiring a board from GoSUP it is the Customers responsibility to ensure you are physically fit and capable of operating the equipment safety. Participants should understand sea conditions, and the risks involved in the activity, to be able to swim and rescue themselves in deep water, to be aware of dangerous situations such as strong current, tide, poor weather conditions, waves, unstable cliffs.
• Assumption of Risk
Participants should be aware that stand up paddle board can be dangerous. Hazards include (but not limited to); drowning, hypothermia, repetitive strain injury, slips, trips, falls, biological hazards from sea water, skeletal/muscular injuries from paddling or moving equipment. All participants accept exposure to the afore mentioned hazards and do not hold GoSUP responsible for injuries obtained from Stand Up Paddle Boarding or any associated activity. We do not have any responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage to your personal belongings. You accept that you are taking your personal property on to the water at your own risk. People with existing injuries should not participate. We reserve the right to make amendments to this hire disclaimer without notice.
We highly recommend that you take a mobile phone (in a waterproof case) with you as a means of communication if any problems arise, and also let someone know where you set off from and where / when you will return. Please make a note of details for the emergency services.
• Protecting Hire Equipment
Please do not drag the board, only carry them using the handles. Please keep paddles with the board and avoid abrading the blade of the paddle on hard surfaces or rocks etc. The Customer is responsible for the board(s) during the Hire Period. Do not leave it unattended or out of your sight. Take your paddles and buoyancy aids with you wherever you go and keep the board in sight at all times.
The Customers accepts sole responsibility during the Hire Period and that insurance cover is the Customers responsibility for the equipment, third party public liability and personal injury. Insurance is not offered by GoSUP as part of the Hire Agreement.
Pets are strictly not allowed on our paddle boards, dogs claws damage and can puncture inflatable boards.
• Cost of damage.
Whilst we accept that light scuffs and scrapes are part of normal wear and tear, heavy abrasions, animal claw marks, punctures to boards, and damage which would hinder the use of any equipment must be paid for as per the costs laid out below.
Replacement board due to unrepairable damage £899
Repairable puncture to board £145-265 (based on size of repair needed)
Animal claw marks to board and deck grip £200
Loss or damage to paddle £95
Loss or damage to to fin £45
Loss or damage to leash £25
Loss or damage to buoyancy aid £48
Loss or damage to board bag (if left with hirer) £69
Loss or damage to pump (if left with hirer) £49
• Restricted areas (Marazion Beach)
St Michael's Mount harbour and the mainland harbour (Top Tieb) are working harbours and have a lot of ferryboat boat traffic. Our paddle boards are strictly prohibited from entering these harbours.
• Help or Emergency
If you or anyone with you is in need of help please immediately call the emergency services on 999 with details of the incidents and your location. Stay with your board at all times (providing it is safe to do so) in an emergency on the water until help arrives.
• Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times when on the water.
• All participants must be able to swim a minimum of 50 metres unaided.
• We recommend that you stay within visual sight of the life guarded beach that your boards were delivered to.
• Minimum age to use a paddle board is 8.
• All participants must wear a buoyancy aid at all times whilst on the water.
• All participants must wear the leash at all times whilst on the water.
• We recommend that you remain kneeling on the board in water that is less than waist deep
DO NOT STAND UP ON THE BOARD IN WATER BELOW THIS DEPTH.
• Participants must be considerate to all other water users i.e.; fellow SUP’ers, powered boats and fisherman.
• You are responsible for ensuring that you have the correct clothing, and are fit enough to paddle comfortably.
• Only launch and land at suitable areas. Always launch and land in a kneeling position.
• You must always stay with your board at all times. (providing it is safe to do so)
• The Customer agrees to pay for any loss or damage of equipment. as laid out in our terms & conditions of hire.
• Anyone who appears under the influence of drink or drugs will not be allowed to hire and will not be eligible for a refund.
• We reserve the right to refuse hire to any customer if we consider any of the above conditions are likely not to be met or we consider weather conditions to be unsafe.
• We reserve the right to refuse hire to any customer if we consider them to not be competent enough to hire boards, NO refunds will be given to anyone who has provided false information about their paddle boarding capabilities.
• Waiver & Release
We will not be liable for any death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to goods arising out of the hire of any items by them unless that death, personal injury or loss of, or damage to the goods arises directly from an act of omission on the part of GoSUP. As a Customer you understand the use of the hired equipment is beyond the control of GoSUP. You acknowledge and agree that any advice ,recommendation, information or services provided by GoSUP regarding the hire equipment and its use shall not be construed as contractual conditions or warranties. You agree that GoSUP shall not, subject to Exclusion of Implied Terms as detailed, be liable to you for loss or damage sustained by yourself as a consequence of any incorrect advice, recommendations, information or services provided by ourselves regarding the hired equipment or the methods or conditions of use of the hired equipment.Whether such loss was caused by any act of negligence ,act of recklessness or any breach of duty of care which may be owed to me by GoSUP.